One reason a lot of people in New Jersey end up filing bankruptcy is that they have a large amount of surcharges levied by the Motor Vehicle Commission. Repayment can be difficult, as there is often a demand for a large an unaffordable down payment. To make matters worse, their driver’s license can end up being suspended!

You Don't Need NJ Bankruptcy for NJ Surcharges!

Bankruptcy can help by allowing for the discharge of the amount owed and the restoration of a suspended license. But what if you no longer live in New Jersey? What if this has followed you to another state and is interfering with you getting a license there? Can you file in your new state of residence or must you file in New Jersey?

The answer is no, you do not have to file the bankruptcy in New Jersey just because you owe surcharges here; you can file in your state of residence. The NJ Motor Vehicle Commission is a creditor like any other and just has to be listed and noticed.

Still Living in New Jersey?

If you live in Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Salem or Cumberland County, are considering filing bankruptcy, and are ready to take action, call me at 856-432-4113 or contact me through this site for a free consultation in my Woodbury office to discuss your case.

If you have more questions about bankruptcy, then download my free book,Top Questions People Ask About Filing Bankruptcy in New Jersey.

If you are looking for more information on how bankruptcy might help you with your divorce, then you should download my free book, Top Questions Divorcing Couples Ask About NJ Bankruptcy.

Not sure if bankruptcy is right for you? Take the quiz to the right to find out more!

Related Topics

If you liked this information and found it useful, then you might like or need these others:

Steven J. Richardson
Connect with me
Bankruptcy, Collections, Student Loan, DUI and Traffic Court attorney in Woodbury, NJ.