Mr. Richardson received his law degree from the Rutgers University School of Law in Camden, New Jersey in 1985, after having graduated Magna Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Dickinson College, in Carlisle, PA, with a BA in English Literature. Mr. Richardson started practicing bankruptcy law in 1992, and since then, it has been a significant portion of his Woodbury practice. In 2013, he attended an intensive 3-day training workshop with student loan lawyer Josh Cohen and has been helping people with their student loan problems ever since. He is a Past President (and currently the treasurer) of the Gloucester County Bar Association and is also a member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA).
He has been a guest speaker at the Richard Stockton College of New Jersey as a part of a continuing professional education program for CPAs on the topic of "The Accountant's Role in Bankruptcy Proceedings." He has also written articles on bankruptcy law for the Gloucester County Times, and was a panelist on Comcast's People's Law Forum on bankruptcy law, sponsored by the Gloucester County Bar Association. He has delivered seminars to other attorneys on such subjects as collection practice, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Consumer Fraud Act, and bankruptcy issues in divorce. Outside of the law, he is active in the Knights of Columbus, his church, and other community activities.
Cases Handled at Richardson Law OfficeAttorney Richardson has represented individuals and businesses throughout Gloucester County and Camden County for over 20 years. He provides knowledgeable counsel on a broad range of legal matters, including:
- Bankruptcy: Involves advising on legal procedures for individuals or businesses dealing with financial insolvency, including the filing process and implications of bankruptcy.
- Collections: Pertains to the legal process of collecting debts, including navigating laws regarding debt recovery and representing creditors or debtors.
- Student Loans: Focuses on the legal aspects of borrowing and repaying educational loans, including understanding loan agreements and dealing with repayment issues.
- Traffic Violations: Deals with legal cases involving breaches of traffic laws, such as speeding or driving under the influence, including defense strategies and legal consequences.
- Wills and Estate Plans: Involves drafting and interpreting legal documents that specify the distribution of a person's estate after their death, including estate planning and probate processes.
- Expungements: Assisting individuals in removing the burden of a criminal arrest or conviction from their record. It includes legal services for expunging records, thereby allowing individuals to move forward in life, particularly in areas like Camden and Gloucester counties.
- DUI/DWI: This practice area involves defending individuals charged with DUI (Driving Under the Influence) or DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) in New Jersey. It includes exploring defenses, challenging charges, and mitigating potential penalties like fines and license suspension.
- Foreclosure: Foreclosure law assists homeowners in New Jersey facing the loss of their homes. It involves navigating through the foreclosure process, exploring solutions to save homes, and providing legal support for those affected by economic challenges like job loss or increased taxes.
Schedule Your Consultation
In Woodbury, NJ, Richardson Law Office serves clients from Gloucester, Camden, Salem, and the surrounding counties. If you would like to speak to Mr. Richardson about your legal matter, please contact us online or call 856-432-4113. To learn more about how our office has helped people just like you with their legal needs, review our testimonials and case results pages.