Yes, you can, under certain circumstances. Many people have run afoul of the law in some minor way and ended up pleading to, or being convicted of, a local town law called an "ordinance." The good news is that many times they can be erased or "expunged."

This is done through a "petition for expungement" if you meet the following requirements:

  • It has been at least two years from the date of your conviction, or the date on which the sentence was completed, whichever is later;
  • You have not been convicted of any prior or subsequent crime in any state; and
  • You have not had more than two disorderly or petty disorderly persons offenses.

There is no limit on the number of ordinance convictions that can be wiped out.

I Can Help!

If you are looking to expunge some arrests and/or convictions in your past that occurred in the Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Salem or Cumberland County, area, have decided that you need an expungement and are ready to take action, then click on this link to schedule a call with me. Don’t let your past hold you back from a better future!

If you are not sure you are ready to hire a lawyer, but want more information, then download my free book, What Everyone Should Know About Getting a NJ Expungement to get the answers you're looking for!

Want to see if you are even eligible for an expungement? Take the quiz to the right and see!

Related Topics

If you liked this information and found it useful, then you might like or need these others:

Steven J. Richardson
Connect with me
Bankruptcy, Collections, Student Loan, DUI and Traffic Court attorney in Woodbury, NJ.