One of the most popular areas of my web site is the one that lists the answers to frequently asked questions. As people often type their questions right into Google, this can also be the most responsive area for someone seeking answers. However, sometimes questions can be a bit individualized and specific to someone's case, so the answer that they get from my site is not always the one they are looking for.
It was for this reason that I started a monthly live broadcast from my YouTube channel, www.RichardsonLawOffices.tv, that answers those specific questions as submitted by the public. This month, I answered four questions about bankruptcy. Maybe one of them is one you have been pondering!
- A creditor is telling me that their claim wasn't discharged in my chapter 7 because I didn't list it. It was an old debt, and I just forgot. Am I in trouble?
- I'm trying to get a loan modification or refinance from my mortgage company, and they are telling me they can't because I did not reaffirm the mortgage in my bankruptcy. Is this true?
- My ex-wife is seeking an increase in child support in my NJ divorce, and I am in a chapter 13 bankruptcy. Will the bankruptcy protect me?
- My landlord is trying to evict me for nonpayment of rent. Can I use bankruptcy to stop the proceeding?
Next month, on January 23, at 5pm, I will be answering questions about student loans. If you are having difficulties with these loans, and have some questions, please feel free to e-mail them to me, Tweet them to @sjrlaw, or leave them in the comments below. I will be happy to answer them.
If you have other questions about bankruptcy other than the ones above, check out my free books:
- Top Questions People Ask About Filing Bankruptcy in New Jersey
- Top Questions Divorcing Couples Ask About NJ Bankruptcy
- Am I In Too Deep? A Guide to Knowing When You Need to File Bankruptcy in New Jersey
If you are in the Woodbury, Gloucester County area and are thinking about bankruptcy, you can also call me at 856-432-4113 or contact me through this site to schedule an appointment to discuss your situation. I would be happy to help you!