Many people I consult with are not even sure that bankruptcy is for them when they come into my office. They just want to know what solutions are out there to help them get back onto a good financial track. If that sounds like you, then here are some signs to look for in your life.
- You keep missing payment deadlines on debt.
- You are getting more credit.
- You’re doing to many balance transfers.
- You have no idea what any of this is doing to your credit.
- You are taking money out of your pension to pay bills.
If this sounds like you, you need to create (or update) a budget to see what your monthly living expenses are without the credit card payments. If you are still deficit spending, then you need to do some belt tightening. Then you need to consider bankruptcy as a way to get rid of your debt backlog and get a fresh start. Click here for more information and a bonus 6th sign!
Still not sure if you should file bankruptcy? Then download my free book, Am I In Too Deep? A Guide to Knowing When You Need to File Bankruptcy in New Jersey to find out if it might be the solution.