There are many sources of funds that are protected from levy under either New Jersey or federal law. One source is child support! If you are receiving it by check or direct deposit into your account, and it is levied upon, then you need to object immediately to get it released!

Objecting to the levy in most county courts in New Jersey is a simple matter of filing a form and paying a fee (if you are initiating an objection by motion, rather than objecting to the creditor’s motion to release the fund to them).

If you have moneys for the care of your children tied up in that levy, it is crucial that you proceed with this as soon as possible! You need to file an objection to the bank levy. For help with that, download my free NJ Bank Levy Survival Kit. Second, for more information on how to fight back with your creditors?

Then, if you need more information on dealing with your creditors, download my free book, The Biggest Secrets Your Creditors Don't Want You to Know. Become empowered and protect your rights!

But getting that money released is only the first step. That creditor is going to continue to come after you until you do something about the debt. Please feel free to call my office at 856-432-4113 or contact me through this site to schedule an appointment in my Woodbury office to discuss your options.

Related Topics

Steven J. Richardson
Connect with me
Bankruptcy, Collections, Student Loan, DUI and Traffic Court attorney in Woodbury, NJ.