Stocks are a key part of any retirement savings portfolio. Their potential to grow over the course of your working life with a rate of return, despite ups and downs, that can't be beat by CDs or a savings account.
But bonds are also important to a well balanced portfolio. To find out the particulars in this episode of the podcast, I bring back Certified Financial Planner Michael Karwic for a talk on bonds and how they can be key to a successful retirement.
In this episode you will learn:
- What Kinds of Bonds There Are
- How Bonds Balance Risk Tolerance
- About the Tax Advantages of Certain Bonds
- How Interest Rates Can Vary on Bonds
Links & Resources
If you enjoyed this episode, you might also like:
- Episode 183: Series I Bonds. Are They For You?
- Episode 101: Investment Strategies for When the Market Drops
- Episode 95: Educational Savings Accounts with Michael Karwic