Achieving financial freedom in the short term requires living within your means. In other words, your monthly expenses need to total no more than your monthly net income, so that you don’t sink into debt. But achieving long term financial freedom requires even more discipline; you need to live below your means.
By doing this you generate unused income every month to put towards savings and long-term investing, so that you will have a net worth to support you in retirement. But how do you do that? To give you some tips, I brough personal financial services consultant Todd Miller onto the show to tell you about them.
In this episode you will learn:
- Ideas on setting up a budget
- How to cut your expenses
- How to handle unexpected expenses
- How to track your spending to stay on budget
- How to resist the “urge to splurge”
Links & Resources
If you enjoyed this episode, you might also like:
- Episode 72: Choosing the Right Budget for You
- Episode 47: Preparing Your Budget
- Episode 48: Why the First 3 Months of Your Budget Are the Hardest
If you enjoy listening to this podcast, it will put a big smile on my face if you left a review on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you like to listen to podcasts.