There are certain minor offenses in New Jersey, what other states would call "misdemeanors," that can result in your losing your public job or office if you are convicted or pleas guilty. But this need not happen.

There are two ways to avoid it:

  • Obtaining a Forfeiture Waiver
  • Pleading to Another Offense

But these involve preparation and action before you enter a plea to any charges and are sentenced by the judge. Find out more!

It is best to get an attorney to represent you in court to protect your job! 

If you are publicly employed and are facing charges in a South Jersey municipal court, please feel free to call me at 856-432-4113 or contact me through this site for a free consultation in my Woodbury office to discuss how to deal with the charges. No one, especially in this economy, can afford to lose their job.

If you are looking for more information on New Jersey's traffic laws, then download my free book, A Guide to Driving Legally in NJ, and Surviving Traffic Court If You Don't.

Related Topics

Steven J. Richardson
Connect with me
Bankruptcy, Collections, Student Loan, DUI and Traffic Court attorney in Woodbury, NJ.