In the last episode, Episode 137, I talked with Myles Gage about starting a business after graduation. We talked about whether you should take the entrepreneur path, what kind of business you should start, and how you should prepare yourself financially for this step. But starting a business is very risky, as most businesses fail.
That’s why in this episode of the podcast I wanted to address that fact and look into the reasons why these businesses fail, and how you can try to prevent this from happening to you. To get those reasons, I spoke with CPA and entrepreneur Joe DiChiara of Bedrock Business Builders.
In this episode you will learn:
- The three questions you should ask yourself before starting a business
- The importance of positioning
- Why it’s important to perfect your “message” or “pitch” to your audience
- What your key metrics are
- Where to spend, and more importantly not spend, your money
Links & Resources
If you enjoyed this episode, you might also like:
- Episode 137: Starting a Business After Graduation with Myles Gage
- Episode 124: Growing Small Business Profits with Joe Pardo
- Episode 98: Expanding Your Business with Somnath Sikdar
- Episode 92: Making More Money with a Side Hustle