One of the budget line items I often discuss with my bankruptcy clients is their utility bill. The gas, electric, water, and sewer bills can get out of hand and threaten their fresh start after they get their discharge. But even if you aren’t filing bankruptcy, getting a handle on that expense can help balance a budget and free up funds for more long-term financial goals.
That’s why in this episode of the podcast I wanted to talk about ways in which you can get these numbers down. I wanted to provide guidance on how to negotiate your bill as well as how to implement some tips and tricks around the house to reduce usage, and therefore your bill.
In this episode you will learn:
- Tips on Negotiating Your Bill
- Home Tweaks and Hacks
- Tips on Lowering Your Water Bill
Links & Resources
- Newsweek Article
- Choose Energy Site: Comparing Electric & Gas Providers
- NJ Board of Public Utilities
- U.S. News & World Report Article
- Penny Hoarder Article
- Billshark Site
- Experian’s Negotiation Tips
If you enjoyed this episode, you might also like:
- Episode 118: Tips for Saving Money on Your Cell Phone Bill
- Episode 114: Hot Tips for Cutting the Cord
If you enjoy listening to this podcast, it will put a big smile on my face if you left a review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser, or wherever you like to listen to podcasts.