A motion for civil reservations is where the party entering a guilty plea asks that the court bar the use of that plea (or anything that the driver said in the course of entering same) in any current or future civil action.  This is most often the case where a traffic ticket was issued as a result of a motor vehicle ticket.

That does not ensure that the driver won't ultimately lose the civil suit however (a rear-ender is a rear-ender), but at least he is not handing the evidence over to the other side on a silver platter.  These motions are routinely made and granted by the courts, and is another reason why it is always a good idea to have an attorney represent you in traffic court, especially when there is an accident involved.

If you have received a traffic ticket in southern New Jersey, especially one that arose out of an accident, and would like to be represented by an attorney, please call my office at 856-432-4113 or contact me through this site to schedule an appointment.

Related Topics

Steven J. Richardson
Connect with me
Bankruptcy, Collections, Student Loan, DUI and Traffic Court attorney in Woodbury, NJ.