My new book, Hitting The Financial Reset Button, speaks directly to individuals and married couples in New Jersey who are drowning in consumer debt. Over the years, I have counseled many clients who have tried other options like home equity and debt consolidation loans, but still could not climb out of the black hole. Many of them knew that “the B-word” would be their only real solution, but were afraid to even bring it up.
What You Will Find in the Book
The book guides you through the entire process, from deciding to file to what happens when it is all over. Among topics I address in over 160 pages are:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy or Chapter 13 – when one is a better choice over the other
- Top mistakes people make trying to avoid bankruptcy
- Debts that can and cannot be eliminated in bankruptcy
- Getting relief from bank levies, information subpoenas, and wage garnishments
- How student loans work in bankruptcy
- Bankruptcy and divorce
- What to look for when choosing a qualified bankruptcy attorney
But remember, a fresh start is only as good as your positive cash flow. Live frugally and within your means, and you should be fine. Just like a diet, once you lose the weight you have to keep it off. That means changing your lifestyle. Hitting the Financial Reset Button gives you the tools to do just that.
Already Bought the Book? Here's More Info!
Bankruptcy law continues to change, and no book could possibly keep up with all of them. That is why I direct readers to this site to get the latest info on the following:
- The latest exemptions to protect your assets
- NJ median incomes for means testing
- Standardized expenses for means testing
- Debt caps for chapter 13 bankruptcies
Read the book but still have more questions? Check out the FAQs, Articles, Blog Posts, News Items, and Videos on my web site for all of the latest. Want to talk to me about filing a New Jersey bankruptcy? Call me at 856-432-4113 or contact me through this site!