As we enter into the December holiday season, many people look to purchase a new car, as manufacturers advertise heavily in the media offering lots of deals to encourage you to buy. Toyota, for example, often holds their “Toyotathon,” which ends soon after the first of the year.
For this reason, in this episode of the podcast I talk about the best way to choose the right car, shop for it, and make sure you end up with a monthly car loan payment you can afford and that won’t break the budget. Bear in mind, however, that this is about a car purchase, not a lease, as it is my firm belief that a “buy and hold” approach to cars is better for your long-term financial freedom.
In this episode you will learn:
- How your credit score affects your car payment
- How to choose your car before you go to a dealership (and why you should)
- How to determine the cost of operation of the vehicle
- How to shop for the vehicle
Links & Resources
- Consumer Reports
- Credit Reporting Sites
- Auto Loan Interest Rate Calculator
- How Credit Scores Affect Car Loans (Credit Karma)
- When Should I Refinance my Auto Loan? (Credit Karma)
- Credit Karma Auto
- Fuel Economy Calculator