When it comes to investing for retirement, the earlier you start the better. People that start in their 20s, rather than their 30s, or even 40s, give their money more time to grow and therefore give themselves the best chance at financial freedom.
No one knows personal finance for 20-somethings like Broke Millennial Erin Lowry, a writer, speaker, and blogger that I had on the show in Episode 70. She is returning in this episode to talk about her campaign to get us thinking about “investing for retirement,” not “saving for retirement,” and to make a big announcement!
In this episode you will learn:
- How to deal with being risk averse in the market
- Whether you should start investing for retirement if you have student loans
- How to get started
- How to sniff out the scams
- How to deal with a downturn in the market
Links & Resources
- Broke Millennial Takes on Investing
- Broke Millennial Blog
- Episode 70: A Discussion with Erin Lowry of Broke Millennial