I have discussed in previous episodes of the podcast about the importance of having a short term and long-term financial strategy. The former is accomplished by a budget and the discipline to keep track of expenses and keep within the limits of that budget. In fact, in Episode 13 I reviewed the online budgeting tool EveryDollar to maintain that strategy.
But the long-term strategy is having savings and a retirement plan, so that you will have the peace of mind that comes with knowing that your efforts now are paying off and that your financial freedom will last for a lifetime. To help you do that, in this episode of the podcast I review Wela, an online tool that gives you the ability to gain an overall view of your entire financial situation from one free application: investments, cash, credit card debt, student loans, and real estate.
In this episode you will learn about:
- What Wela is and what it isn't
- How it's useful financial planning tools help you
- Learn how to allocate your 401k to match your age and risk tolerance
- Determine how much you need to be saving for college
- Discover how much home you can afford
- Plan to get out of debt quickly
- Its investment management tools
- Its artificially intelligent advisor Benjamin
- Its free and paid services