Although student loans continue to be a hot topic in personal finance news, there are many interesting articles and tips out there that can help you on your path to financial freedom. These include a new repayment plan for student loans, a better place to put your savings, tips on saving on wedding costs, and tips on making your children financially independent.
Thant's why in this episode of the podcast I wanted to talk about these various news items, many of which are cause for optimism in the latter half of this year. I hope they can help you build your emergency fund, pay down your student loans, and make your child financially independent.
In this episode you will learn:
- Whether to Move Your Savings to a Money Market Fund
- Tips on Cutting Wedding Costs
- How paying with cash helps you to forget "guilty pleasures"
- Information on President Biden's new student loan plans
- How to help yor child become financially independent
Links & Resources
- Money Market Funds Paying Over 5%. What to Know (CNBC)
- Couples leverage ‘something borrowed’ to cut wedding costs (CNBC)
- Paying in cash helps shoppers ‘forget’ guilty pleasures (CNBC)
- Borrowers should avoid getting hopes up for Biden’s next round of student loan forgiveness (CNBC)
- How to Apply for the SAVE Plan (CNBC)
- IDR Application Form
- How to Help Your Child Become Financially Independent (CNBC)
If you enjoyed this episode, you might also like:
- Episode 162: Planning an Affordable Wedding of Your Dreams
- Episode 153: Starting Your Kids on the Path to Retirement
- Episode 130: Teaching Your Kids About Money with Derrick Kinney
- Episode 97: Talking to Your Kids About Money