According to Divorce.com, the U.S. has the highest divorce rate in the world at 40-50%, although the Census Bureau report suggests that the rate dropped from 2009 to 2019. 60% of second marriages and 73% of third marriages end in divorce.
Divorce is also expensive, both financially and emotionally. But beyond the lawyers fees, there are many hidden costs that can wreak havoc with your personal finances and which need to be considered. That's why in this episode of the podcast I wanted to discuss those, so that if you are getting divorced or considering it, you can take them into consideration and maybe minimize them.
In this episode you will learn:
- How to Prepare for the Hidden Costs
- "The Worst Offenders" of Hidden Costs
- The Impact on Financial Planning
Links & Resources
- Divorce Statistics (Divorce.com)
- Unpacking the Hidden Costs of Divorce – and How to Prepare for Them (CNBC)
- The Biggest Hidden Costs of Divorce (The Street)
- The Hidden Cost of Divorce (RW Baird)
- Biden’s Student Loan Forgiveness Plan Spurred Heated Supreme Court Exchanges (CNBC)
- Biden's Lawyer May Have Saved Student Loan Forgiveness Plan (CNBC)
If you enjoy listening to this podcast, it will put a big smile on my face if you left a review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser, or wherever you like to listen to podcasts.