There's a lot in the news these days on personal finance, including a possible new repayment plan for student loans, dealing with marital "financial incompatibility," and new laws pertaining to retirement savings. With all of this going on, it can be hard to keep track and get all of the key facts.
Thant's why in this episode of the podcast I wanted to talk about these various news items, many of which are cause for optimism in the new year. I hope they can help you avoid a tax audit, reduce financial conflict with your spouse, and make for a better retirement savings plan.
In this episode you will learn:
- About a New Student Loan Repayment Plan
- How Much Your Refund Could Be
- About Resolving "Financial Incompatibility" with Couples
- Status of the Federal $10,000 Deduction Limit for State & Local Taxes
- Four Reasons the IRS May Flag Your Return for Audit
- About a New Retirement Law That Increases Tax-Free Savings Options
Links & Resources
- Big Changes to Student Loan Repayment (CNBC)
- The Average IRS Refund for the 2022 Tax Year (CNBC)
- Resolving "Financial Incompatibility" (CNBC)
- Status of the $10,000 Deduction for State & Local Taxes (CNBC)
- 4 Reasons the IRS May Flag Your Return for an Audit (CNBC)
- New Retirement Law Increases Tax-Free Savings Options (CNN Business)
If you enjoyed this episode, you might also like:
- Episode 170: Preparing Your 2022 Tax Return
- Episode 161: Federal Student Loan Relief
- Episode 157: Strategies to Lower Your Tax Bill and Avoid an Audit
- Episode 121: Tips for Married Couples on Reducing Financial Stress
- Episode 96: Getting Your Money Ready for Marriage
If you enjoy listening to this podcast, it will put a big smile on my face if you left a review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser, or wherever you like to listen to podcasts.