With issues like inflation, recession, and student loans being hot issues this Fall, there are lots of items in the news discussing them. People are concerned with the rising cost of living, salaries at their jobs that might not be tracking with it, and student loan debt that they are struggling to pay, if they can afford to pay them at all.
That's why in this episode of the podcast I wanted to do a roundup of some of the stories in the news that discuss these issues in hopes that the information they provide will help you navigate the current financial landscape.
In this episode you will learn:
- How to Know Your Worth in the Job Market
- What to Look for in Your Credit Report to Help Increase Your Score
- How to Save on Groceries as Food Prices Soar
- How to Prepare for a Recession
- What To Do If Your Student Loan Forgiveness Application is Audited
Links & Resources
- ‘Know your worth’ — 33% of job seekers said they wouldn’t even go to a job interview without seeing the salary first (CNBC)
- What to Look for in Credit Report to Help Lower Borrowing Costs (CNBC)
- How to Save on Groceries as Food Prices Soar (CNBC)
- How to Prepare for a Recession (CNBC)
- What to Do If Your Student Loan Forgiveness Application is Audited (CNBC)
- IRS Get Transcript Tool
- IRS Form 4506-T
If you enjoyed this episode, you might also like:
- Episodes 140: Job Search Tips for the Great Resignation with Bonnie Negron
- Episode 111: Tips on Finding a Job During the Pandemic
- Episode 79: Tips on Finding a Better Job
- Episode 73: Understanding How Credit and Credit Scores Work
- Episode 158: How to Deal with Inflation and Recession
- Episode 132: Preparing for, and Dealing with, Inflation
If you enjoy listening to this podcast, it will put a big smile on my face if you left a review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser, or wherever you like to listen to podcasts.