With the pandemic essentially over with no more lockdowns of large gatherings, more and more people are setting dates and planning weddings. In Episode 96, I talked about getting your finances ready for marriage. But what about getting Ready for the Big Event itself?
Weddings cost, on average, $20,000 at least, even before you pay for the guests at the reception ($70 per guest, average, so 100 guests would be another $7,000). This is a big expense before starting a life together. That's why in this episode of the podcast I wanted to talk about how to have a great wedding without mortgaging your future together!
In this episode you will learn:
- The Right Mindset for Wedding Planning
- How to Set a Budget for the Wedding
- Tips for Negotiating with Vendors
- Tips on Saving Money from the Flowers to the Reception
Links & Resources
- Six Tips for Planning Your Wedding Finances (Honeyfund)
- 10 Tips & Tricks to Save on Weddings from a Financial Planner Bride (Kiplinger)
- 25 Ways to Save on a Wedding (NerdWallet)
- 53 Genius Ways to Save Money on Your Wedding (Brides)
- Best Rewards Credit Cards (Kiplinger's)
- The Knot Budgeting Tool
- Wedding Wire
- Joy Wedding Planning Website
- Nearly Newlywed
- Wore It Once
- Dollar Store Wedding Decorations
If you enjoyed this episode, you might also like:
If you enjoy listening to this podcast, it will put a big smile on my face if you left a review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser, or wherever you like to listen to podcasts.