Now is an exciting and hopeful time for student loan borrowers. President Biden has announced a forgiveness program that will help many people struggling with payments. But there's more at work here than that.
There are programs already in place that could also allow you to pay off your remaining balances sooner or get out of default (and repair your credit) while getting an affordable monthly payment. That's why in this episode of the podcast I go into detail about these programs, which one will benefit you most, and when you need to take action.
In this episode you will learn:
- The details of the Biden loan forgiveness program
- How you might be able to repay your unforgiven balance much sooner
- How to get out of default after January 1, 2023
- The important deadlines for taking action
Links & Resources
- Sign Up for Notices
- Income Contingent Repayment (ICR)
- Income Based Repayment (IBR)
- PAYE Repayment
- REPAYE Repayment
- Richardson Law Offices Student Loan Analysis Portal
If you enjoyed this episode, you might also like:
- Episode 104: student Loan Solutions During the Pandemic
- Episode 107: Student Loan Strategies When the Government No Longer CARES
If you enjoy listening to this podcast, it will put a big smile on my face if you left a review on Apple Podcasts, Podchaser, or wherever you like to listen to podcasts.