In Episode 136 I talked about how important it is to start planning and investing for your financial future as soon as possible, preferably in your 20s. In the last episode, Episode 144, I talked with Joe Okaly on the challenges families in their 20s and 30s face in achieving financial freedom. Certainly, the earlier you start, the better.
But is it ever too late? What if you are in your late 30s or in your 40s? Is there still a way to invest and plan for financial freedom in retirement? So in this episode of the podcast I wanted to answer those questions and provide some ideas on how late starters can still live comfortably in retirement.
In this episode you will learn:
- How to Leverage a 401K
- The Importance of Setting a Retirement Goal
- How Annuities Can Help
- Why Downsizing Might be a Good Idea
Links & Resources
- Market Watch Article
- Retirement Guide for Late Starters (Annuity.Org)
- Feeling Behind on Retirement Savings? 4 Ways to Get You on Track (CNBC)
If you enjoyed this episode, you might also like:
- Episode 136: Starting Early on Retirement Savings
- Episode 144: How Young Families Can Achieve Financial Freedom with Joe Okaly