With the COVID-19 pandemic going into its sixth month, many businesses have either filed bankruptcy, closed for good, or have shed employees to slim down. No matter the cause, a lot of people are now out of work and looking for a new job. This has become especially urgent with the end of the supplemental unemployment benefits under the CARES Act.
Looking for a job during a pandemic presents a special challenge. That’s why in this episode of the podcast I wanted to talk about some tips and ideas to increasing your chances of employment and getting back on your financial feet.
In this episode you will learn:
- How to Network Online
- How to Prepare for an Informational Virtual Interview
- How to Boost Your Job Skills and Showcase Your Strengths
- How to Create a Job Hunting System
Links & Resources
- What Does the Coronavirus Pandemic Mean for Your Job Search? (The Muse)
- 5 Tips for Finding Work During the COVID-19 Pandemic (PBS News Hour)
- 7 Tips For How To Job Search During The Coronavirus Pandemic (Forbes)
- Here’s Who’s Hiring Right Now (LinkedIn.com)
- Who’s Hiring and Who’s Firing: How Firms Are Reacting to the Coronavirus (The Wall Street Journal)
- Companies Hiring for Remote Work-From-Home Jobs Right Now (FlexJobs.com)
- 100 Employers with 1,100,000+ Open Jobs (Job-Hunt.org)
- LinkedIn Job Search Training Videos
- MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses)
- EdX classes (featuring free courses from MIT and Harvard)
- Microsoft Training and Tutorials
- 20 Online Digital Marketing Courses
- 10 Free Classes to Learn to Code
- 8 Beginner Online Classes to Learn Data Science
If you enjoyed this episode, you might also like:
If you enjoy listening to this podcast, it will put a big smile on my face if you left a review on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you like to listen to podcasts.