In his blog, experienced Woodbury-based lawyer Steve Richardson keeps you updated on foreclosure cases in Gloucester, Camden and surrounding counties, along with many other issues of New Jersey law. Regular messages are posted on foreclosures avoided through chapter 13 bankruptcy and mediation.
- Page 1
NJ Home in Foreclosure? Don't Move Out! NJ homeowners facing foreclosure are not required to move out prior to sheriff sale. Find out why from Woodbury attorney Steve Richardson.
Mortgage Modifications Still HAMPered by Banks Obama's HAMP program (Home Affordable Modification Program) is not as successful as the feds had hoped, with many homeowners still struggling with foreclosure. Check out this post by NJ bankruptcy attorney Steven J. Richardson on the latest news stories.
Foreclosure Crisis Might Help Homeowners, Hurt Recovery Flawed mortgage paperwork is holding up foreclosures and giving people possible defenses, as banks have trouble proving their case.
"Blind Stamping" Scandal Gives NJ Homeowners Breathing Room Several NJ mortgage banks have engaged in "blind stamping" mortgage documents, which has led to a temporary hold on their foreclosures. Find out more!
"Pick-a-Pay" ARMs: Possible Relief in Sight in NJ During the real estate boom, many NJ residents went for a special type of adjustable rate mortgage, and are now regretting it. Now there might be a way out!
- Posted on 03/29/2012NJ Home in Foreclosure? Don't Move Out!
- Posted on 11/05/2010Mortgage Modifications Still HAMPered by Banks
- Posted on 10/28/2010Foreclosure Crisis Might Help Homeowners, Hurt Recovery
- Posted on 10/09/2010"Blind Stamping" Scandal Gives NJ Homeowners Breathing Room
- Posted on 10/07/2010"Pick-a-Pay" ARMs: Possible Relief in Sight in NJ