Penalties for drunk driving in New Jersey increase with each offense, so it gets worse every time you are convicted. For a first offense, the penalties can depend upon your blood alcohol content (BAC) at the time of the stop, as determined by a breathalyzer.
With a reading between 0.08% and 0.099%, you face the following:
- A fine of between $250 and $400
- Incarceration ranging between 12 hours and 30 days (rare)
- Three month driver's license suspension
- Approximately $700 in other fees, charges and costs
Should your reading be 0.10% or higher, however, you face:
- A fine of between $300 and $500
- Incarceration ranging between 12 hours and 30 days (again, rare)
- Seven months to one year driver's license suspension
- Possible six month to one year installation of an ignition interlock device
- $364 in other fees, charges and costs
I May Be Able to Help!
I don't take every case that comes to me. But if you were arrested and charged with a DUI in Gloucester, Camden, Burlington, Salem, or Cumberland County, you know you need to hire a lawyer for your case, and you want to make an investment in the level of representation that you need, then call my office immediately at 856-432-4113 or fill out my contact form to schedule an appointment to discuss your case! You will thank yourself later!
If you liked this information and found it useful, then you might like or need these others: