For those in their 50s and early 60s, planning for retirement has a different, more immediate feel. For millennials, it’s starting to save for it; for those further on in life, it’s figuring out its implementation. A lot of decisions have to be made, including the downsizing of your home, especially if you’re an “empty nester.”
That’s why in this episode of the podcast I talk to Jeri McClenaghan-Ihde and Julie Whelan Capell, whose podcast, SeniorTopia, recently launched to talk about all things related to opportunities and challenges on the road to retirement. Every week they talk relocation, long-term care, housing options, wellbeing, dementia, end-of-life and more. However, in my discussions with them, we will talk about downsizing your home in retirement.
In this episode, you will learn about:
- How to “Downsize in Place”
- How to “Downsize and Move” to a Retirement-Friendly Location
- Recommended renovations to your home
- Choosing an Assisted Living Community
- How to Know if You Need Assisted Living