One of the things that can happen that can threaten your financial freedom is if your identity is stolen. According to the company LifeLock, nearly 15 million consumers experienced identity theft in 2017, and early 60 million Americans have been affected overall. It can damage your credit status and cost you time and money to restore your good name.
That is why in this episode of the podcast I wanted to discuss what identity theft is, the different kinds, how to prevent it, and what to do if it happens to you!
Find out in this episode:
- What Kinds of Identity Theft There Are
- How to Prevent Them
- How to Report Each Kind and Protect Yourself Should it Happen to You!
Links & Show Notes
- Order a Free Credit Report
- Reporting Identity Theft to FTC
- FTC Publication on Dealing with Identity Theft
- Report identity theft to the FTC by phone: 1-877-438-4338
- IRS Guide to ID Theft
- Medicare Fraud Office
- NJ State Consumer Protection Office
- Replacing Vital Documents After ID Theft
- IRS ID Theft Affidavit