Whether you celebrate Christmas, Chanukah, or some other December holiday, the “season of giving” can be the biggest budget buster of them all, especially as you approach the annual finish line. A “spirit of giving” is a wonderful thing, but there are practical, financial limits that should not be ignored, or it can put you in a financial hole when the credit card bill comes in January.
That is why, in this episode of the podcast, I talk about 15 things you can do to be sure that you are celebrating the new year on a firm financial footing after having a wonderful holiday season.
In this episode you will learn:
- How to make a list and check it twice! Do you really need to buy gifts for all of them?
- Creating a budget (yes, a budget)!
- How paying in cash can save you money
- How shopping alone makes a difference!
- How to control spending on your children (without being a Scrooge)!
- How to track your spending
- 6 tips for saving money on gifts